Views
Helpful
Replies

Pinging from behind a C921-4P Router

EPearson117
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a Cisco C921-4P router.  I have setup this router to allow my private network (10.10.0.x) to pass through using a NAT to see systems on my company network (10.161.x.x).

The issue i am having is that I am unable to ping systems on my company network on the VLAN 10.161.1.x, which is the same VLAN I am using for the external side of my NAT.  However, I am able to ping systems on other VLANs on my company network for example i can ping a server at 10.161.22.125.  The problem with this is that i need to the systems on the private side to communicate with a server that is at 10.161.1.14.

I have attached a quick drawing of what I am trying to do, along with the Router Config, an ipconfig from one of the private systems and some pings from that system.  Any help figuring this out would be great.

Thanks.

17 Replies 17

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Sorry for the delayed reply I was travelling the whole day long. Yes you cannot see any

SIP ALG

command in the configuration as this is the default setting. Next will you please delete the original

ip nat inside ...

via the

global configuration

command:

no ip nat inside source list 50 interface GigabitEthernet4 overload

then the new one takes place. Clearing xlations I usually perform with the

clear ip nat translation *

command - I hope your IOS version allows this one. Please be aware that using "*" parameter you would clear all the current dynamic translations, ie. if there is any active you may experience hiccup until the new one is done.

Best regards,

Antonin

Thank you all for taking the time to help with this.

In an attempt to simplify the issue, i factory reset the Cisco C921-4P.  I then did a basic config with just the ports I was told I needed (had some help from another engineer here).  And wouldn't you know it...it now works fine.  So, I am not sure what i did wrong before, I must have configured something I didn't need that was causing interference.  But I am now able to reboot all systems and they all connect immediately upon coming up.  And I have not pinging issues.

I have attached a copy of my new config if you are interested in looking at it.

Again Thank you all for your assistance!

simply because as I mention before the issue is

ip nat inside 

destination you remove it and all work good.
good job friend.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card