cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pinging other networks on OSPF.

ahmadqayyum7
Level 1
Level 1

I have a topology as shown in the file attached. My routers are Router-PT-Empty. They are all OSPF configured. On every router I am getting n error:

%OSPF-5_ADJCHG: Process 112, Nbr 192.168.23.1 on Serial1/0 from LOADING to FULL, Loading Done

What is the meaning of this message. Also when I ping a PC on one router from PC of another router my ping is unsuccessful. What can I do to resolve this matter.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello ,

First

the message

%OSPF-5_ADJCHG: Process 112, Nbr 192.168.23.1 on Serial1/0 from LOADING to FULL, Loading Done

is not an error it means that the OSPF adjacency on the ser1/0 has reached the FULL state meaning the devices have synchronized their link state databases.

It is normal and sign of a good configuration you should get a similar message for each inter router link with OSPF enabled on it.

About the second issue you need to verify:

that all OSPF neighborships are formed on required links you can check with

show ip ospf neighbor

show ip ospf interface

The second aspect to check is on the PCs : each PC has to be configured with a default gateway = OSPF router interface directly connected to it.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

HI @ahmadqayyum7 ,

Check your exercise and your routing is ok.
The gateway assigned to the PCs is ok.
The problem arises from the IP address assigned to the PCs.
If your network is 192.168.8.0/24, the valid IPs of that network are in the range 192.168.8.1-192.168.8.254, so you have to make sure that the PCs have an IP within the ranges of their respective networks.

I enclose the corrected exercise.
Remember to mark the correct answers as solved, because that helps other users with similar doubts.

Regards

Your configuration is all good. The PING failure is due to IP Addresses on PC's. Just need to correct them. The OSPF notification is a normal message when two routers finally enter into the last stage of Adjacency forming process i.e. FULL, so don't worry about it. %OSPF-5_ADJCHG: Process 112, Nbr 192.168.23.1 on Serial1/0 from LOADING to FULL, Loading Done

@ahmadqayyum7 wrote:

I have a topology as shown in the file attached. My routers are Router-PT-Empty. They are all OSPF configured. On every router I am getting n error:

What is the meaning of this message. Also when I ping a PC on one router from PC of another router my ping is unsuccessful. What can I do to resolve this matter.

Regards,
Waqas Karim (CCIE)

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello ,

First

the message

is not an error it means that the OSPF adjacency on the ser1/0 has reached the FULL state meaning the devices have synchronized their link state databases.

It is normal and sign of a good configuration you should get a similar message for each inter router link with OSPF enabled on it.

About the second issue you need to verify:

that all OSPF neighborships are formed on required links you can check with

show ip ospf neighbor

show ip ospf interface

The second aspect to check is on the PCs : each PC has to be configured with a default gateway = OSPF router interface directly connected to it.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

HI @ahmadqayyum7 ,

Check your exercise and your routing is ok.
The gateway assigned to the PCs is ok.
The problem arises from the IP address assigned to the PCs.
If your network is 192.168.8.0/24, the valid IPs of that network are in the range 192.168.8.1-192.168.8.254, so you have to make sure that the PCs have an IP within the ranges of their respective networks.

I enclose the corrected exercise.
Remember to mark the correct answers as solved, because that helps other users with similar doubts.

Regards

Your configuration is all good. The PING failure is due to IP Addresses on PC's. Just need to correct them. The OSPF notification is a normal message when two routers finally enter into the last stage of Adjacency forming process i.e. FULL, so don't worry about it. %OSPF-5_ADJCHG: Process 112, Nbr 192.168.23.1 on Serial1/0 from LOADING to FULL, Loading Done

@ahmadqayyum7 wrote:

Regards,
Waqas Karim (CCIE)
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card