cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pleas help in trying to find frame relay bandwidth used-

getwithrob
Level 3
Level 3

I'm a network mgmt guy that needs a sure way to find the bandwidth on frame relay interfaces. Often times, there is no bandwidth statement in the routers config and a show frame-relay map doesn't always show the bandwidth. This is a large network using several DS1s and DS3s broken out into a couple of hundred frame circuits. It seems the network guys are content leaving the bandwidth statements blank and letting the routers use whatever comes from the provider. On the NMS side though, this information is required to make the performance reports accurate. I do have read access to all of the Cisco devices.

Please help!!!

2 Replies 2

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

I guess u have to get the information from Service provider side aad configure in u r NMS tool or the end suer should have the bandwidth configured in the interface else the interface will assume T1 speed by default

The bandwidth statement doesn't dictate the actual bandwidth allowed or utilized. It is only utilized to calculate metrics for other services, such as a routing protocol.

Actual bandwidth can be controlled physically on units with integrated csu/dsu with the service-module t1 command, or it can be controlled on a per DLCI basis with a frame-relay map-class.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card