Level 1

I set fram-relay and rip-eigrp redistribute

but not ping 163.181.0.2 to 211.10.10.1

이미지 4.png

please help

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

there is no EIGRP process configured on Router5, so you cannot redistribute anything.

The only way for the two routers to talk (163.181.0.2 and 211.10.10.1 to be able to ping each other) is by adding the static routes below. You can also redistribute the static route in RIP on Router5, and in EIGRP on Router7, so all networks can reach each other.

Router5

ip route 211.10.10.0 255.255.255.0 Serial0/2/0

Router7

ip route 163.181.0.0 255.255.0.0 Serial0/2/0

The revised file (saved in Packet Tracer version is attached.

View solution in original post

Hello
You were had incorrect FR mappings as such eigrp peering wouldn’t establish as you were not allowing broadcast between the rtrs.
Also, you had no redistribution between eigrp and rip, Lastly rtr 6 has no ip addressing whatsoever.

Review working PKt with correct FR and rip/eigrp redistribution without any static routing

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Hello,

there is no EIGRP process configured on Router5, so you cannot redistribute anything.

The only way for the two routers to talk (163.181.0.2 and 211.10.10.1 to be able to ping each other) is by adding the static routes below. You can also redistribute the static route in RIP on Router5, and in EIGRP on Router7, so all networks can reach each other.

Router5

ip route 211.10.10.0 255.255.255.0 Serial0/2/0

Router7

ip route 163.181.0.0 255.255.0.0 Serial0/2/0

The revised file (saved in Packet Tracer version is attached.

Hello
You were had incorrect FR mappings as such eigrp peering wouldn’t establish as you were not allowing broadcast between the rtrs.
Also, you had no redistribution between eigrp and rip, Lastly rtr 6 has no ip addressing whatsoever.

Review working PKt with correct FR and rip/eigrp redistribution without any static routing

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

@paul driver 

Just out of curiosity...how did you establish an EIGRP neighborship between Router5 and Router7, with EIGRP not configured at all on Router5 ?

And no RIP configured at all on Router7...so redistribution would never work anyway, because there is nothing to redistribute.

I guess we would need to see the requirements for this network more in detail...

Hello @Georg Pauwen 
Rtr 5 had rip with a redistribution for eigrp but not eigrp stanza , Rtr 7 had eigrp stanza with a rip redistribution statement so it seems the OP was trying to establish mutual redistribution but couldn’t achieve it, and the reason for that was missing eigrp on rtr5 and the incorrect FR on both rtrs to allow broadcast.

Kind Regards
Paul

@paul driver 

It's probably me, or maybe it's because it is too early in the morning, but I am lost, as I don't see how you can mutually redistribute between EIGRP and RIP without both protocols actually running on the router. Or does Frame Relay make that possible ? I don't remember exactly, since it is a rather ancient technology...

Either way, I think that network needs a lot of 'rework', and I don't know what the exact requirements are. I was simply trying to answer the original question, which was why both routers could not ping each other. Maybe OP can provide the full requirements/specs of this topology...

Hello @Kimjohn 

Glad to hear and thank you the clarification.

@Georg Pauwen  

@Georg Pauwen wrote:
It's probably me, or maybe it's because it is too early in the morning, but I am lost, as I don't see how you can mutually redistribute between EIGRP and RIP without both protocols actually running on the router

As i said "
Rtr 5 had rip with a redistribution for eigrp but not eigrp stanza , Rtr 7 had eigrp stanza with a rip redistribution statement"

So i applied eigrp on R5 so the this then had rip AND eigrp running , this is then was the rtr perfroming the mutual redistribution

Kind Regards
Paul

@paul driver 

Exactly, you are right. So both the static routing or adding EIGRP to R5 and then redistribute into RIP work. My Chinese is not that good, so I cannot read what exactly this topology is supposed to look like.

Thank you very much I will study more. redistribution

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card