cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy Based Routing with NX-OS

lou_young
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using NX-OS 4.2 and I'm trying to put in a policy based route map to force traffic through a specific interface.  I've done the same thing with IOS many times, but it appears that the only SET commands with PBR are to set the next hop IP address.  The documentation for NX-OS PBR mentions being able to set interfaces but the command doesn't seem to be there.

Has anyone run into this?  Is there a work around?  Or is there some other NX weirdness I'm not seeing?

Let me know.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm using NX-OS 4.2 and I'm trying to put in a policy based route map to force traffic through a specific interface.  I've done the same thing with IOS many times, but it appears that the only SET commands with PBR are to set the next hop IP address.  The documentation for NX-OS PBR mentions being able to set interfaces but the command doesn't seem to be there.

Has anyone run into this?  Is there a work around?  Or is there some other NX weirdness I'm not seeing?

Let me know.

Thanks.

Hi,

Policy-based routing requires an Enterprise Services license,Check out the below link for more information

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Thanks.

I have the Enterprise Services License and I have the feature enabled.  I am able to configure PBR with the set next-hop command, but the set interface command seems to be missing.

Can anyone else check their NX-OS installations and see if the set interface command is visible?

Thanks again for anyone's insight.

carwarner
Level 4
Level 4

Lou -

I happened to notice this post while reviewing PBR and NX-OS. I believe the support for the set interface

route-map command was added in 5.2(1) of NX-OS.

Carole

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco