Views
Helpful
Replies

Policy-map Issue.

azibnaseem
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Community'

I have configured 2 Policy-Maps (WL-NOC-IN & WL-NOC-OUT) on CISCO 3750G Switch in order restrict customers bandwidth. Recently, i start facing an issue. Issue is that WL-NOC-OUT map is not working properly. For Example, Whenever I gave command "police bandwidth burst rate exceed action drop" it will take the command but didn't take effect as desired. Screen shots are attached. Please review & guide accordingly.

Regards' 

23 Replies 23

gpauwen  '

I already tried your suggested settings. After removing the service-policy from the interface, classes start taking the values but after that service-policy will not take affect under interface configuration until I removed these classes.

Regards'

Hello,

this could be a problem with memory exhaustion. You cannot upgrade the DRAM in the 3750, so with that many classes, your switch might just have run out of memory.

What is the output of 'show memory summary' ?

Try and configure just the two classes that now don't work under the policy, and attach that to the interface. If memory is the reason, we could configure an aggregate policer...

Hello,

I think Spooster might be right on the money. I added all the CIRs and end up with 1132Mbit, which exceeds the capacity of your GigabitEthernet interface. 

Try to bring it down to under 1000Mbit...

gpauwen  ,

Output of 'show memory summary' screen shot is attached. Please let me know how can I attach classes to the interface.

If it is the case then why WL-NOC-IN policy classes taking values.

Regards'

@azibnaseem,

Can you do the total of all the CIR's defined under class-maps under the policy WL-NOC-OUT. It should not exceed the interface bandwidth rate. If yes then you need to set the CIR for default class some lower value (currently you are setting it to 100 Mbps try to set it something 50 Mbps) so that total of all CIR's defined under policy map will not exceed the interface bandwidth rate.

Spooster IT Services Team

gpauwen  

I didn't mark the question as Correct Answer. How & who did mark the question as Correct Answer. I didn't get the solution to my problem. Is there anyone else who can help me out.

Regards'

gpauwen  

It is a ingress policy map. For the sake of clearness to me I just gave the different names to both Policy-maps, otherwise both policy-maps are ingress.

Configuration of my switch is attached for the review. Please review & guide accordingly. I have omitted the public IP addresses & ACL's from the configuration because of security reasons.

Regards'

Hello,

the reason your 'show policy-map WL-NOC-OUT class qsa-OUT' doesn't show any output is that you have nothing configured for this class. Here is the continuous output from your configuration:

class qsahome-OUT
police 11000000 1000000 exceed-action drop
class qsa-OUT
class class-default
police 115000000 256000 exceed-action drop

gpauwen  

Hi,

The main problem is that it is taking the command but didn't effect on class. Screen shot is attached.

Please review & guide.

Regards'

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card