I use the configuration :

!

router bgp

neighbor PeerR1 prefix-list from-R1 in

!

ip prefix-list from-R1 seq 10 permit 126.0.0.0/8

!

in first state all works.

but if I "shut/no shut" the interface which contain bgp session, when bgp up again, I can find the network in my bgp table but not in the routing table.

I try to do the same with the 126.0.0.0/16 and not do the same it works well.

anybody have idea of a way to find my problem ?

4 Replies 4

dtushing123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Don't you have to redistribute the bgp route into eigrp and you may need to use no synch for the route to enter the routing table ?

Darren

not if you're on the BGP router and it's an EBGP connection.

You will still have to redistribure bgp into eigrp or have that prefix defined somewhere with a null route or something.

cdusio
Level 4
Level 4

confusing post..

Are you saying that you are trying to advertise the prefix 126.0.0.0/8 into eigrp ?

Are you saying that the BGP route isn't showing up in the routing table?

You appear to not be accepting a /16 prefix into the network so you need to have that route in the routing table in order to advertise it into EIGRP.

try putting in a null route to 126.0.0.0/16 and redistribute that into eigrp and see if it works.

Also, send more detailed config and verify that you are in fact trying to redistribute BGP into eigrp.

thanks to your reply

> Are you saying that you are trying to advertise the prefix 126.0.0.0/8 into eigrp ?

yes

> Are you saying that the BGP route isn't showing up in the routing table?

yes

> try putting in a null route to 126.0.0.0/16 and redistribute that into eigrp and see if it works

Yes it's works but I want to learn it from my session BGP

I think that my configuration is good because when the BGP route isn't showing up in the routing table and I do a "clear ip route" the BGP route come back !

but I don't want to do a clear ip route when my interface goes down ;)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card