Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem Connecting to NIM-LTE-NA interface

Jonnyballgame34
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

Was wondering if anyone coudl provide some input on a problem I'm having with a new cellular interface. This is the situaion

I want to set up a Cellular inferface as a failover to my primary interface, as well as for OOB access.

At the moment I am only testing. For now I have the Celluar as the only connection. I also have an extremely basic config on it.

Here's where I'm stuck.

-I have a pubic Ip on the Cellular Interface, but the way Verizon does it I get the address through negotiation. That is what I read/was told is the norm.

-The address is a /32 so I can't try manually configuring it on an interface.

-I can ping Out from the router to the internet, no problem. I can also ping the public IP address from outside, no problem.

-As I said, it has a stripped config, but when I had NAT configured and connected a PC to the LAN port, I could get out to the internet no problem.

What I can't do is SSH or telnet to it. Verizon is insisting the problem is a configuration error on my side. However,

I'm gettin a connection time-out, which to me says something is knokcing down the telnet/Ssh. otherwise I'd expect the connection to be refused.

I also tried putting an access-list on the interface. First I put it on there just for ICMP. It killed the ping and the counter incremented. Then I changed it just to block SSH and TElnet, and the matches did not go up, so I assume it's not reaching the interface.

Does Verizon's claim that that it's not them causing the problem.

1 Reply 1

Hi,

You can try changing the SSH port number (to something like 10022) and attempt to connect. If Verizon blocked the port, you could have connectivity now. As an alternative, you can also try port scanning and check which ports are open.

I assumed you applied the ACL (ip access-list extended INT-BREAK) to check whether you get a hit.

HTH,
Meheretab

HTH,
Meheretab
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card