Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem in DMVPN

nishakhanal
Level 1
Level 1

ospf.PNG

As, i am trying to do DMVPN using OSPF. But OSPF neighbor does not created. And R1(HO) router also get some notification such as %CRYPTO-4-RECVD_PKT_NOT_IPSEC: Rec'd packet not an IPSEC packet. (ip) vrf/dest_addr= /192.168.1.1, src_addr= 192.168.1.30, prot= 47

Any Help!!

I have also uploaded my config files here

12 Replies 12

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello ,

see the following document

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security-vpn/ipsec-negotiation-ike-protocols/29240-dcmvpn.html#sv9-3

you may need a statement like the folowing  on Branch router on each mGRE tunnel pojnting to external HUB address in each mGRE cloud

ip nhrp map multicast 192.168.1.1

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thank you but in my lab, OSPF neighbor does not created. I don't know why??

Hello,

as already noted you are missing the commands to make the mGRE tunnel protected by IPSec

follow the document I have provided in my previous post

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thank you for your response. As i have mention my problem was (OSPF neighbor is not formed). When I use 'ip ospf network point-to-multipoint' command the OSPF neighbor is formed. But some errors comes after it.

err.PNG

Hello

it looks like you have recursive routing error causing the OSPF to flap

external networks used as tunnel source must not be advertised over the tunnel

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello,

Thank you.

I remove advertising external network, but it does not work. I use external network only for mapping tunnel IP with external IP of HeadOffice in Branch Tunnel.r1-tun1.PNGr2-tun1.PNG

the issue here that there is IPSec under the Physical Interface and not under the tunnel "IPSec profile".
this is why the OSPF and IPSec issue appear.

Hello,

In tunnel there is OSPF.

Freind as i mnetion before if you not solve ipsec then ospf issue appear becuase message is not deencryprt right and peer will assume the other peer is dead and ospf is flap.

georgehewittuk1
Level 1
Level 1

My suggestion would be start from the ground up. Remove all IPSEC configuration so it is not active. Does the DMVPN tunnel go UP & has the OSPF adj formed if not focus on that.

Once that is working then you can add IPSEC and best to add in the following way:

{ global config }

crypto isakmp policy 1
encryption aes
authentication pre-share
group 14
crypto isakmp key cisco47 address 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
!
crypto IPsec transform-set trans2 esp-aes esp-sha-hmac
mode transport
!
crypto IPsec profile vpnprof
set transform-set trans2

{under tunnel interface}
tunnel protection IPsec profile vpnprof

Thank you so much.But I can not remove IPsec config because one other side, 1 router should be connected through IPsec VPN and on other side, one router is connected through DMVPN.

As me mention before and as My friend send to you 
we here not remove the IPSec but change the config 
instead of config IPSec Map under the physical Interface 
we config IPSec Profile under the Tunnel Interface 

this the solution here.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card