Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem VPN RV082

Gustavo Oka
Level 1
Level 1

HI guys,

I am setup a VPN with another site, the VPN is working but we have problem to connect the pcs through this VPN. My local network is 192.168.0.0/24 and the local group of the VPN is 172.29.0.13/32. The question is how can I connect the PCS through this VPN?

15 Replies 15

I do not have much experience with RV082 and perhaps someone in the community with that experience may explain something to help resolve this. But my understanding is that what is defined as local group in the vpn configuration is generally the same thing as your local LAN subnet. If the remote side insists that your local group must be 172.29.0.13/32 then I do not see how you can make this work. You might be able to configure an additional subnet on your RV082 for subnet 172.29.0.x and connect a single PC as 172.29.0.13 and perhaps the vpn would work. But only for a single PC and not multiple PCs which is what you need. It appears to me that the issue is conflicting requirements. Without some clarification from the remote side about what they expect or some change from them about the vpn setup I do not see how to move forward with this vpn.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card