Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with static IP block

mukundh86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am facing problems when using a static public IP block while connecting to internet.. The browser takes time to load pages .Sometimes I have to keep on hitting the refresh button to get the page loaded..I have formatted my computer but was of no use and when I tried another public IP block, it worked well. Is there a way to find out the problem with the first public IP block.

6 Replies 6

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

try to test by directly connecting your laptop/PC behind the router using the static IP address provided by your ISP. any firewall used?

Hi

I tried connecting to the router bypassing the firewall and I was having the same issues..

were you able to ping and do a traceroute to the destination? could you post this output? it seems more like a web application issue. try to use another PC or web browser. try to check on your router for any link congestion.

Actually I donot have an output now , but  I was able to ping and reach the destination. The thing is that the destination is reachable when you hit the refresh button 4-5 times. And I have tried other laptops too, which also give the same issue. Will a wireshark capture give a picture of what is happening to the packets?

Hi, Wireshark is helpful but sometimes you get so much information that you don't know what to do with it.

Maybe the problem lies with the ISP. Try using a site like DNSSTUFF. From there you can do an external trace route using the two different blocks to see what direction they take.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/

Please remember to rate all posts that are helpful.

Hi

I tried to traceroute and both the blocks take precisely the same path. What I feel is that the packets from the  first IP block, that is the one giving problems, is for some reason getting dropped at certain periods of time while the second IP block always gets through without any problems. It would be better if I could somehow isolate as to why the first IP block is giving problems.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card