Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with traffic between routers

Spacketer
Level 1
Level 1

problempic.png

Having a problem getting Router 3 to communicate to Router 1. From PC5, I can ping Router 3, but cannot ping Router 1 from PC5. Oddly, I can send packets from PC5 to Router 1 so I am not sure what the problem is.

Router 1 Se0 address: 10.0.0.2

Router 3 Se0 address: 10.0.0.1

Router 1 RIP:

Router 3 RIP:

I am a beginner so please excuse me if there is an obvious problem or if I am not providing enough info. 

6 Replies 6

Hello
possibly  due to the class-full nature of auto summarisation and ripv1 so try turning it off and test again

router rip
version 2
no auto-summary

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Still unable to ping Router1 from PC5. Should I upload my packet tracer save file so others here can have a look?

Hello

yes if you can that will be good

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I have uploaded it here.

effing_society
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, can you elaborate more on what do you mean by able to send packets from PC5 to R1?

When I use the "Add Simple PDU" function (button on top taskbar) I can send one from PC5 to R1.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card