cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems routing from Guest network to external HTTPS access

SMSOTG
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client who has a Cisco ASA 5512 device with, among other things, an inside interface dubbed "InternetOnly" on an internal 172.28.0.0/24 network.

They also have a single outbound interface with a small IP block in use coming in for varied usages.

Specifically, there is an external IP (x.x.x.219) that is setup to route to the local Exchange server for OWA. This configuration works without issue for all external connections coming in. Other internal networks have access to the local DNS server and resolve the Exchange server locally. This guest interface, however, utilizes DNS provided through google's external servers. NSlookup finds the correct external server for the webmail (x.x.x.219) CNAME for their domain, but will not load. I would like to keep the guest interface from contacting and internal structure directly, but am looking for a way to ensure that I can get OWA to load properly by routing through the external webmail.domain.com (x.x.x.219) address. Any thoughts on why it might not be doing so?

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How is your Guest network users coming to your network ? what is the IP address they Get ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card