cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with a 2801

davespicer2012
Level 1
Level 1

ok, I have picked up a second hand 2801. I was in the process of doing a WR after a password recovery when my power fluxed just enough to mess up the router. Now when I try to boot up it will decompress the bin from the CF and then I get an error message stating System software not right the hardware. I have formatted the CF and copy the c2801-ipbase-mz.124-24.T8.bin and still have the same problem. I have a feeling that something got corrupted, but not sure where to even begin. Can you please tell me how to get this router backup and running ASAP so I can continue working on my CCNA labs.

Thanks

Dave

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you've got any network modules/WIC cards, eject them all and boot the IOS again.

ok sorry that it has taken so long to reply. Busy with school. I have ejected the wic card and still stuck in a boot loop. Same error message as before. 

Same error message as before. 

Post the error messages.

Here is a what I get when I power up the router.

System Bootstrap, Version 12.3(8r)T9, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 2004 by cisco Systems, Inc.
PLD version 0x10
GIO ASIC version 0x127
c2801 processor with 262144 Kbytes of main memory
Main memory is configured to 64 bit mode with parity disabled

Readonly ROMMON initialized
program load complete, entry point: 0x8000f000, size: 0xc100

Initializing ATA monitor library.......
program load complete, entry point: 0x8000f000, size: 0xc100

Initializing ATA monitor library.......

program load complete, entry point: 0x8000f000, size: 0x18270f4
Self decompressing the image : #################################################################################################################################### [OK]

Wrong system software for this hardware

Wrong system software for this hardware

Two things ... 

Either the router is booting the wrong image or someone's playing a joke and renamed the filename of the IOS.

To answer your questions, No the router is not booting the wrong image. I have personally downloaded it from Cisco. I have also formatted the CF card. The little bit of research I have been able to find say that the cookie is corrupt. But I have no clue what they are talking about

npnetee555
Level 1
Level 1

You make me understand. You helped me so much. 
Thanks for sharing this. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card