Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with AIR AP1230B functioning correctly with power brick

techie2008_2
Level 1
Level 1

We have several of these that we took out and replaced with 1130's

They have always been connected over POE.  We are wanting to use them in different locations

.When we went to configure them, we reset them, plugged them in with a power brick and then looked for them using MAC address while plugged in to a non POE switch, they didn't show up.  When we plugged them in to a POE switch and they show up right away.  If we configure them and then put them back on the non POE switch, they don't show up anymore.  I know we have used 1200's with power through a regular switch before.  Any ideas on what we're missing?  Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

plugged them in with a power brick and then looked for them using MAC address while plugged in to a non POE switch, they didn't show up.  When we plugged them in to a POE switch and they show up right away.

Ok.  This sounds like you've plugged them into their new location.  Let me guess, the switch model is either a 2940, 2950 or a 2955 (I might be on the ball here so I'd like to add 2900/3500XL) switches?

I believe you need to type in a few "combo" commands.

1.  " power inline negotiation injector installed"

2.  You'll see a MAC address in the response.

3.  "power inline negotiation injector "

Hope this fixes your issue.

When I put that command in, it tells me there is a problem.  Do I write it exactly like you have with the spaces and nothing before or after?

Hi Brent,

Post exactly what you are doing and the error message.  It may not be an error message.  It's just a message information you what you are trying to do with the MAC address of the switch port at the end.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card