Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS configuration for Voice

catalystexpress
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

This is my first attempt in configuring the QoS, would appreciate if some one could help me with this

Issue:

IP-phone -->2960S ----> 6506E ----> 2811 --- > provider MPLS cloud ----->2811 --->C3548---->2960S-->ip phone

i have my configuration for 2960S and 6506E but am strugling with 2811

can someone please give me a sample qos configuration for 2811 for the above traffic path

many thanks for the help

cheers...

4 Replies 4

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could do something like the following:

class-map VOIP

match dscp ef

policy-map VOIP

class VOIP

priority percent 10

int fa0/0

description To WAN

service-policy output VOIP

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Thank you very much John,

can you please tell me, is the priority percent 10 means 10% of the bandwidth will be allocated for the voice

so for example 5mbps link the voice will have 0.5mbps , is my understanding correct

many thanks

cheers..

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

can you please tell me, is the priority percent 10 means 10% of the bandwidth will be allocated for the voice 

so for example 5mbps link the voice will have 0.5mbps , is my understanding correct

Yes and no.  It's 10 percent of what the policy believes is the available bandwidth which may differ from actual available bandwidth.

Also the percentage, for LLQ is both guarantee and a possible bandwidth policer.  This (LLQ) class's traffic is guaranteed to be dequeued first if its traffic is 10 % or less.  For any of this (LLQ) class's traffic that exceeds 10% (also assuming there's queuing), the excess % traffic will be dropped.

Thank you Joseph,

So to be safe I should increase the percentage since my real time voice traffic is going to be on higher side, in otherwords if my voice traffic exceeds the 10% the calls would not be clean and clear

thanks again

cheers..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: