cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Re: Can we assign multiple Vlans to same physical switch port

mukesh chaubey
Level 1
Level 1

please guide me.. in my organisation there is approx 350 users and 15 catlyst switch 3750 series. .but only vlan 1 is create on root switch. and connet to other switch..some issue is frequenty facing in network. . i want to implement atleat two  vlan and stp .but issue is that i dont want to do changes on users desktop as their is no dhcp in our organistain. all have assign static ip address.4 network ip are user in our organisation network. but all are interconnete and able to ping each other. may be configured on fireware. there is large number of live user.. is there any possible way . to overcome form this issue. need your guide.

16 Replies 16

Hello.

Yes, your devices (WS-C3750G-24TS) support stacking, so you would better go with stacking, than with STP and HSRP.

Thank a lot for ur support..i got ur points.i would like to share one incident.i our organization .someone coincidentally plug the cable left for user laptop  which was coming directly frm switch laying in boardroom .That put our whole network down.after a long troubleshooting.it was founded. by your above solution.i think it will be sorted. Thnxx

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card