Views
Helpful
Replies

Redundant VSL Link

eandrcisco007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Gentlemen,

We have 2x6500 Core switches that configured as VSS with 3 redundant VSL links that are configured in two 2 separate POs.

VSL links are as follows :

Te1/5/5 , Te1/6/4 and Te1/6/5 on PO1 that is in VSS1, they are also bundled.

Te2/5/5 , Te2/6/4 and Te 2/6/5 on PO2 that is in VSS2, they are also bundled.

Due to misconfiguration, and in order to have 2 VSL redundant links per VSS, I am going to add another VSL link as Te1/5/4 and Te2/5/4 with the same configuration, i.e. using the same PO1 and PO2 , and I assume they will get bundled with the rest of the ports without any problem.

I would like to make sure this is not going to have an intrusive impact/effect on the current VSS configuration and the VSS would not get switched nor get rebooted and all that stuff….!

So I wonder if anyone could provide a feedback or a guidance.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

You should be able to add additional physical interface to each Portchannel without any issue.

The VSL links don't usually carry much traffic if everything is configured correctly.  Usually 2 10Gig links are more than enough.

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

You should be able to add additional physical interface to each Portchannel without any issue.

The VSL links don't usually carry much traffic if everything is configured correctly.  Usually 2 10Gig links are more than enough.

HTH

Hi Reza,

Great/Thank you.I was a bit suspicious.

Regards

ER

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card