Views
Helpful
Replies

Reg:Difference

vasuramnet
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Can any body tell what is the main diffrences between 3com (switches,routers,firewall) and cisco (routers,switches,firewalls) because one of my customer is asking the major differenceses between cisco & 3Com up for the major difference.

plz help me in this

srinivas

1 Reply 1

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Whats the difference in a mercedes and a toyota car ?

The question in itself does not support being answerd.

if you would state the question something like this.

whats the difference between a Marcedes Aclass and a Toyota Landcruiser. then it is possible to answer the question from many different directions.

However I think I understand what the customer is asking.

Why should I buy cisco equipment instead of 3com ?

If you where to ask that question on a 3com website the answer would be totally different than the one I give you.

The main reasons for buying cisco equipment would be:

• Cisco is the biggest company out there doing this type of equipment. (yes size does matter)
  • Cisco is well known
  • From a technical standpoint it is easier to find qualified personel to help you out with the equipment.
  • From a technical standpoint the equipment is normally technically more competent than the competition.
  • Stability, (personal anecdote I have seen equipment been taken down that have been up for almost 10 years with no reloads, and I have personally set up equipment that 5 years later when they needed to shut down and move the room still never had any reloads inbetween).
  • Feature rich environment.
  • Cisco has a good program for helping out with rental and buying Equipment.

In Short:

The right tool doing the right thing at the right time gives you the best value for money in the long run.

If you want to compare then you should compare this specific Cisco switch vs this specific 3com swith what are the pros and  cons ?

ofcourse we can go into some 3com bashing but what would that give ? most likely not much.

That should give you some pointers atleast.

Hope This Helps

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card