Removing route-map causes counters to show as inaccurate on egress

rharland
Level 1
Level 1

Chassis : 6506 with Sup2 running hybrid mode

WAN: Two POS OC-3s

LAN: Vlan interface tied to gig on Sup2

Here's the situation -

I was running route-maps on the two POS OC-3s for some other custom routing, with all other traffic going to the Vlan interface. The need for said route-maps is gone, so I removed them. Now, the counters showing on the egress of the Vlan interface are TOTALLY off. From what I can tell, all traffic from the two POS interfaces that goes out the Vlan interface is not registering on the interface counters. Has this ever happened to anyone?

thanks,

Russ

2 Replies 2

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

What is the version of IOS and Cat OS you are using ? Did you check the troubleshooting section on www.cisco.com/techsupport for this product ?

CatOS : 6.4.8

IOS : 12.1(23)E2

I did look for troubleshooting info, and have opened a case with TAC.

Here's some more weirdness - TAC replied and said that since I'm no longer policy routing on the POS interfaces, that only the first flow of the packet is registering, since the packets are then L3-switched by the Sup2. To accurately capture the info, I need to enable mls nde on the Sup2. I set it up correctly and have verified same with TAC. However, I'm still getting zero traffic registering netflow-wise on the ingress of the Sup2.

Thanks,

Russ

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card