Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing Flash on Cisco 3725 Router

NetEng12249872
Level 1
Level 1

Hello world,

A cisco 3725 router used in one of branches at my organization is hard down. We tried power-cycle, change cables, never came up. We're working with an external vendor and they asked to provide licence information we have on it with "show license feature". I'm running "c3725-advipservicesk9-mz.124-7a.bin" on it and it says invalid command. My question:

1) Does Cisco 3725 need special licenses or is it hard coded in IOS?

2) If I have a new device, is the flash on C3725 swappable?

Appreciate the early response. Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I dont remember Cisco router 37xx requires license but they probably have different type of IOS, IPbase, enterprise, etc. 

Now the compact flash are swappable. So you can extract and mount it on the new router. 

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi

I dont remember Cisco router 37xx requires license but they probably have different type of IOS, IPbase, enterprise, etc. 

Now the compact flash are swappable. So you can extract and mount it on the new router. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Thank you very much Julio. Will try that and update the thread.

Thank you, it was a pleasure, have a great day

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card