Views
Helpful
Replies

Requirement for IPV4 and work around

vicky.dhas
Level 1
Level 1

Friends,

One of my Financial Software Development customer has a requirement of Public IP’s

To connect to his end customer, my customer requires 1:1 NAT for each user. Any repeated request from Same Public IP is not accepted by end customer device. Because of which my customer has procured more than 3 x /24 IP pools and still need more. IPv4 is exhausting and his business has a problem because of same.

. DO we have a work around for same?

Regards

2 Replies 2

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Wow x3 /24 pools of the Internet space is quite a lot in this day and age! I do not think there is any other work around other than to get more addresses somehow!? or change the infrastructure/end devices to allow PAT and single IP or IP's which would be far more efficient.

You could take a look at IPv6 but I think since they aren't coping getting IPv4 working with normal PAT it might be a struggle.

Maybe someone has experience of working with this type of scenario.

Please rate useful posts and remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Hello,

Are you saying all your lan devices require 1:1 STATIC nat mapping and Dyamnic NAT is not applicable correct?

"Any repeated request from Same Public IP is not accepted by end customer device" -is this a client requirement or an application one?

How many total client devices are you talking about? -

res

Paul

Please don't forget to rate any posts that have been helpful.

Thanks.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card