Replies

Route-map Global policy

Rupesh Kashyap
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I want two global policies-

1. All ICMP reply should come from L0

2. All telnet Reply should come from L0

ICMP reply is working fine, but I am not getting telnet reply from L0. Please help.

access-list 101 permit icmp any any

access-list 101 permit tcp any any eq telnet

!

route-map RR permit 10

match ip address 101

set interface Loopback0

ip local policy route-map RR

5 Replies 5

srimural
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rupesh,

is there any particular reason you want to achieve the same using a route-map.Else you can use

ip telnet source-interface loopback0

Regards,

Srinath M

+91 99809 30364

"ip telnet source-interface loopback0" will work if self router (R1) is generating telnet traffic for others. Here many hosts wants to telnet on R1 & R1 should always reply with its L0 address.

oh ok ok.. now got it.. so u want when u telnet from a host.. reply to go from the loopack 0..

Yes. any idea..as ICMP is working as per policy, only Telnet is not touching the ACL or Route-map

Rupesh

I am still not clear about what you are attempting to do. But I believe that the reason that ICMP does work and Telnet does not work is that your access list is identifying Telnet as the destination port. I believe that it would work if you identify Telnet as the source port. So rewrite the access list to look something like this:

access-list 101 permit tcp any eq telnet any

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card