bgp log-neighbor-changes
 neighbor 20.20.20.20 remote-as 6147
 neighbor 10.10.10.2 remote-as 10

ROUTER 2

router bgp 500
 bgp log-neighbor-changes
 neighbor 30.30.30.30 remote-as 6147
 neighbor 11.11.11.2 remote-as 10

I try to send some traffic using the router 1 and another traffic using router 2, How can i do it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jose Jara
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

In order to have a better idea of the scenario and what you would like to achieve, please, give us more information. Do you manage these three routers ? Do you want to implement load sharing between Core Router and Router 1 and 2 ?

If you want to do load sharing, you could do it that way:

-  From Core Router to Router 1 and 2: assuming that Core router is receiving the same prefixes with the same attributes from both peers, you could implement maximum-paths 2. This will load share the outgoing traffic from AS 10 to AS 500 between both routers.

- From Router 1 and 2 to Core: you may advertise different prefixes per neighbor. For example, if you are advertising an /24 from AS 10, you may advertise the /24 and the first /25 to Router-1 and the /24 and the second /25 to Router-2. This will load share the incoming traffic from AS 500 towards AS 10.

Best Regards,

Jose.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jose Jara
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

In order to have a better idea of the scenario and what you would like to achieve, please, give us more information. Do you manage these three routers ? Do you want to implement load sharing between Core Router and Router 1 and 2 ?

If you want to do load sharing, you could do it that way:

-  From Core Router to Router 1 and 2: assuming that Core router is receiving the same prefixes with the same attributes from both peers, you could implement maximum-paths 2. This will load share the outgoing traffic from AS 10 to AS 500 between both routers.

- From Router 1 and 2 to Core: you may advertise different prefixes per neighbor. For example, if you are advertising an /24 from AS 10, you may advertise the /24 and the first /25 to Router-1 and the /24 and the second /25 to Router-2. This will load share the incoming traffic from AS 500 towards AS 10.

Best Regards,

Jose.

Hello,

Thank you very much for the answer, i have the administration for the three routers, my case is just as the first one way you say, i implemented maximum-path 2, and load sharing works, also i implement a route-map, to send a specific traffic using Router 1. To implement the route-map i used this example,

http://www.digitaltut.com/route-policy-based-routing-sim

Thanks José.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card