Views
Helpful
Replies

Route VOIP traffic by Destination IP to specific Internal IP

Chino9656
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm fairly new with Cisco routers, so I really appreciate any help.  I have done some searching and found this thread here which almost answered my question, but their configuration is a bit different than what we are doing.

We are setting up with a VOIP service with a dedicated connection (separate from the rest of our internet), and running an on-site Asterisk server.

They have provided us with a managed router to handle the VOIP connection.  Both the Asterisk server and the managed router are plugged into the local network.  We use soft phones on our computers.

The managed router is set to 192.168.1.2 and the asterisk server is 192.168.1.99.

We use FE0/0 for our internal network (192.168.1.1) and FE0/1 for our WAN (main internet connection).  We also have FE0/0/0, unused.

We are using a Cisco 2811, with the c2800nm-adventerprisek9-mz.151-3.T IOS release.

I would prefer to use the CCP rather than telnet, but I can use telnet to configure this if needed.

What I need to do is route traffic headed to the voip provider (10.250.*.*) through the managed router, and everything else through the regular internet.

Again, any help is greatly appreciated!!

Zach

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card