cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing/ACL question

jpgleason
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to clean up some routing issues I have between sites.

I have three sites (A, B, C). Site A is the main location. Site B is a branch location connected by a 50 Mbp pipe. Site C is our COLO connected by VPN. Routing between Site A and B is fine. Most of the routing between Site A and C is fine. The issue is between Site B and C. I think I have narrowed down the issue to a translation on our ASA but I cannot determine the best approach. If you look at the Visio diagram I included I believe the issue is the translation between 1.1.1.2 and 192.168.1.3 in Site A. I am trying to figure out if it is an ACL or a NAT issue, or something else.

I should add this: On the ASA from Site A I am able to ping to the gate of the PIX in Site C and from Site C I can ping the ASA, but I cannot ping anything on the inside of each site.

Any assistance is appreciated.

1 Reply 1

pompeychimes
Level 4
Level 4

Is ping allowed to traverse your PIX and ASA?

Are the LAN networks of site a and b defined in the encryption domain ACLs used by the VPN tunnel?

James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco