cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

routing incorrect?

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2811 router with a connection to a cisco switch. I recently unplugged the MPLS connection to a backup VPN connection for maintence purposes. After my maintence, I removed the VPN backup connection and put the MPLS connection back into the router via the T1. Everyone is up and running, but the "Show Arp" on the switch is showing routing still goes through the VPN. It should say MPLS. In the pass we have been able to reboot the switches and everything is fine.

But is there a way to clear this up through a command. Like clear arp or like clear xlate?

Please let me know also, if you are confused, let me know and I will try to be much more clear.

2 Replies 2

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please paste the running config of the router. If you have the routes properly setup it should be switched automatically. As per you discription, it seems like there is some problem with the ARP table. What happens when you clear the ARP using "clear arp" on the router. What happens if you shutdown the VPN interface?

-amit singh

My client says that the VPN interface is some where on the switch. He normally does not bring down the VPN interface.

I cleared the arp on the router and 2 switches. But show arp remained the same on the router. But clearing the arp on both switches removed the vpn backup route in the arp table.

My main problem is that my monitoring tools are showing the two switches down. But they are actually up. My monitoring tools are setup through the MPLS route not the backup VPN route. That is why my monitoring tools are showing it unpingable.

I am sorry, I cannot paste the show run, What exactly where you looking for from the show run I will be able to paste bits and pieces.

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card