cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing Scenario and Filtering - Redistribution

mloraditch
Level 7
Level 7

I have a client who previously had a WAN based off of private P2Ps with DMVPN backup, everything running EIGRP and the HUB Router for the WAN had both the DMVPN hub and all the P2Ps connected to it. Everything worked great. Primary transport over the dedicated circuits backups over the DMVPN.

Now we are adding MPLS and will have two remote sites coming into a new secondary router at the main site and the routes coming in as BGP. I need the routes coming in from BGP on the new router to be preferred over the routes coming from the DMVPN Tunnel on the old router. In my smaller designs this works because I have just one router as the connectivity hub and the BGP routes take precedence when they are active but now I have to redistribute those BGP routers to other EIGRP routers and the BGP routes have become 170 AD which makes the EIGRP routes at a 90 AD seem better.

Is there a way I can make the routes coming from my DMVPN interface an AD higher than 170? Or can I manipulate the redistribution of BGP to EIGRP in the new router to provide the same net effect?

I've googled around a bit and i'm not coming up blank but not having done this, I wanted to run it by the community and see what some folks smarter than I might say.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

skarthic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We configured 2 EIGRP processes; one for the routes learn via DMVPN and other for networks in the Main site. And while redistributing we made the DMVPN routes to be less preferred which worked.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

skarthic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We configured 2 EIGRP processes; one for the routes learn via DMVPN and other for networks in the Main site. And while redistributing we made the DMVPN routes to be less preferred which worked.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card