cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV260 VPN Client Support

rawl
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having difficulty setting up IPsec VPN client-to-site connections using Shrewsoft client on Windows 10 (looks like support ended with Windows 8). I can establish tunnels, but I can't seem to ping anything in my site. Do I have to explicitly create a NAT, or static routes?

Trying a different approach, I'm also having difficulty enabling OpenVPN, as the web server just hangs when enabling.

Has anyone had client VPN success with this router? I can't afford to spend much more time with this router, so I'm open for suggestions on a new one...

Thanks in advance,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
3 Replies 3

Hello,

have a look at the document below:

Configuring Shrew Soft VPN Client with the RV160 and RV260

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/smb/routers/cisco-rv-series-small-business-routers/Configuring_Shrew_Soft_VPN_Client_with_the_RV160_and_RV260.html

Thanks, Georg!

I was referencing those Cisco Tech talk videos which failed to mention downgrading the ShrewSoft client to v2.2.1.

IPsec VPN is working great now. At some point, I'd still like to try OpenVPN...

Best regards,

Brad

This helps me too. I am trying to use as many native applications for VPNs as possible. Have you attempted to use Windows 10's built-in VPN to connect with RV260's IPsec?

Have you tried connecting IPsec using an IPhone's built-in VPN? This can be done even without installing any applications. It takes me a week to configure it with a Cisco technical representative.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card