Views
Helpful
Replies

RV320 and LTE Huawei E3372

Lukasz Dlugosz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have LTE backup connection on Huawei E3372 connected to USB2 port of RV320. Modem is not visible in RV320 and it is not known as compatybile with firmware 1.0.6 (https://supportforums.cisco.com/sites/default/files/rv32x_usb_compatibility13.pdf ). Old Huawei modem E3131 is also unknown to compatybile list, but works fine without LTE support. Is there possibility to make it work (E3372 connected to RV320 as USB1 or USB2 connection)? Maybe someone found any method to make it works?

Regards

8 Replies 8

stefano.branca
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've a similar issue with firmware 1.3.2.02, but the modem is recognzied, but I have no line bar/carrier, I can ping 8.8.8.8 but I can't browese the internet

Hi guys, have you been able to resolve this issue or submitt it to Cisco? I have the newest software and are facing exactly the same problem. 

BTW: Do you use Hilink or non-Hilink dongle?

Greg

Hello,

I have seen your post in the other thread, so you might have already seen and tried this suggestion, just in case you have not:

You can try to flash the dongle from HiLink to Stick mode, which effectively removes the firewall and NAT from the dongle.

Here is a link to the instructions:

http://www.0xf8.org/2017/01/flashing-a-huawei-e3372h-4g-lte-stick-from-hilink-to-stick-mode/

Hello,

I have a Cisco RV345P and a Huawei E3372h-156 dongle and I've attempted to flash the dongle (E3372h) into non-HiLink mode version 21.180.01.00.00 using the method you linked, and when I put it into the router it could not find the modem. I then played around with the configurations a bit and noticed that the modem works in 3G-mode after flashing it but not 4G/LTE-mode.

Also the SIM-status of the card is "***SIM ERROR***" and the USB-lamp on the router is slowly flashing green, but it seems to work (posting this response with it currently plugged in).

What version of the router firmware are you using and can you share a screenshot of the configuration you have set?

I've flashed my E3372 to stick mode but when its plugged into the router, I get the following in the logs:

mobile: usb2: No valid device was found

I'm using firmware 1.0.02.16 for the RV345.

I will have try to flash it to 21.180.01.00.00 as you did as I am currently flashed with 21.110.99.02.00

I have router version 1.0.01.20 (haven't had the time to update yet) and I don't really have any configuration for the stick (see attachment).

I started discovering stability issues (cooling issues on the stick maybe?) after about 1 week of pretty low usage (~13GB) in which the stick would loose contact with the ISP/operator for a minute and then connected for a minute and then lost contact for a minute etc etc. So I ended up buying a "real" 4G-router, put it in bridged mode and plugged it in to the WAN2-port instead of the USB dongle, and now it's been working for ~2 weeks with 42GB throughput without failure.

Regarding the stick: I had to use AT-commands in order to remove the functionality of showing the SD-card as a CD-ROM-drive and only have the modems activated.

I also tested with stick version 21.200.07.00.805 which worked just as well as 21.180.01.00.00.

Thanks @odecif

I have removed the CD ROM and SD card with the following AT command:

AT^SETPORT="FF;12,10,16"

It appears its still not recognising the USB.

Was there any additional configuration you can recall with the stick?

Hi @willyahm,

I can recall that I updated Web UI to version WEBUI_17.100.06.00.03 using the method provided at step 4 of this blogpost, perhaps that step was crucial?.

Br

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card