cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV325 WAN1 Inactive

MisfitSD77
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen others with a similar issue but when I try their solutions it seems to only temporarily fix the connection issue. My setup is:

Comcast -> Linksys CM3024 -> Cisco RV325

The RV325 is running 1.4.2.22 in Gateway mode. After getting it up and running it will work without issue for 5 minutes to a few days then I will get the WAN1 Connected (Inactive) message. After power cycling everything I can get it connected again but will only last a short time before I get back to inactive.

I can put a Netgear WNDR3700 in place of the RV325 and it will run without losing connectivity. I feel like I must be missing something very basic. Any help is greatly appreciated.

5 Replies 5

MisfitSD77
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have ideas on the cause of the issue? I also noticed I left the WAN configuration off which is DHCP.

It is interesting that it can range from 5 minutes to several days for the problem to occur. When the problem does happen can you check the status of the WAN interface? Can you check the arp table and see if the mac address of the gateway is in the table? Can you ping the gateway address?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I put the RV325 back into my install and lasted about 1.5 hours this time. Then I noticed some of the wireless devices started losing connection. I thought maybe it was the wireless access point that was having issues so I went to one of the desktops that is wired into the gateway.

I tried to log in to get the info you asked for from one of the desktops that is wired direct into the gateway but I could not get to the login screen. I did not write down if it was refusing the connection or just timing out. I forgot to ping the gateway but will make sure I do that next time I try to switch back to the RV325 and get back into the same situation. During this time the desktop could still fully access the internet. After about 20 more minutes then the desktop lost connection the internet and I had to go back to the old hardware.

I should be able to try again in a few days but I need to make sure it is running until I have a few hours to play around with it.

It would make me feel better if it did not work from the start because then I would say I am just missing something in the setup. But since it works for a while then craps out I fear I will need to replace it.

You have told us that when the problem happens that you can fix it by rebooting the RV325. The next time that it happens would you try disconnecting the WAN interface, waiting a minute, and reconnecting the WAB interface and see if that also fixes the problem?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Jose Caprio
Level 1
Level 1

Buenas tardes a todos! retomo este tema, ya que yo estoy teniendo el mismo problema.
Tengo un RV325, que lo conecto todo, empieza a funcionar y de un momento a otro pierde la conexión a internet, me conecto en forma directa al Cisco, y el WAN aparece como CONECTADO (INACTIVO).

Desde ya muchas gracias por la ayuda.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card