cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV340 WAN Subnet 255.255.255.255

cybersith
Level 1
Level 1

Ordered two Verizon FIOS GB connections. I attempted to configure both WAN interfaces. WAN1 139.x.x.40 / 255.255.255.0  with gateway 139.x.x.1 no issues and runs great. The problem is WAN2 : 138.x.x.26 / 255.255.255.255 with gateway 138.x.x.1

When i attempt to enter the WAN2 configuration I get the message "IP Address and Default Gateway should be in same subnet." and the RV340 will not allow me to save this configuration. I called Verizon and asked for a new IP. They responded saying they will not issue a new IP because no errors can be detected with the IP configuration. They stated I need to contact Cisco and possibly request a firmware upgrade. Anyone else experience this issue? Any known work-around or solutions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

on 'regular' IOS routers you would configure a loopback interface with the /32 mask, and then use 'ip unnumbered loopback' on the WAN interface. The RV340 does not have that option (I think), unfortunately. Try and enter a /24 mask (or any mask that includes the .1 and the .26 addresses), it shouldn't matter.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello,

on 'regular' IOS routers you would configure a loopback interface with the /32 mask, and then use 'ip unnumbered loopback' on the WAN interface. The RV340 does not have that option (I think), unfortunately. Try and enter a /24 mask (or any mask that includes the .1 and the .26 addresses), it shouldn't matter.

Thanks for the tip. I entered a /27 and it works great (so far ... keeping fingers crossed). No dropped packets and speed is solid.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card