Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

School cisco assigment

Hello cisco community. me and my classmates are doing an assigment made by our teacher. we have to make a small network by 3 pc's 1 router 1 switch and 1 wireless accesspoint. some of the requirements is to setup source NAT, DNS forwarding, SSH and a WAN Connection on the router.

on the switch we have made 3 vlans, where each vlan goes to one of the pc's. we can ping between each vlan through the router, and each pc can ping eachother.

the only thing we cant get to work, is an internet connection on the pc's. our router on the wan site is getting a local address from the school network via DHCP. and the router can ping google.com

do you guys have an idea to what we can try for getting internet on the pc's

Thank you for your time

Router Config: https://pastebin.com/q0P1q9PL Switch Config: https://pastebin.com/q2sTgCMa

3 Replies 3

ip_guy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Sjimonn,

Can you try to connect directly one of PCs to router? Then check what's happen. Also, you don't need static routes on the router, you just need default route ("0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 next hop") to your next device that has access to the Internet.

If it doesn't work like that, then I believe you need to specify static routes on your next hop device, because it probably doesn't know for your 192.168.83.0 network.

Try like that and let me know.

Cheers,

Milos

We could make it work with a PC connect direcly to the 0/1 port on the router. 

We found the problem though. We needed to set a access-list permit for the correct subnet and ip nat inside source list on the 0/0 interface. and that fixed the problem and we had internet access on every VLAN. 

Thanks for helping :*

Hi Sjimonn,

That's great. Can you please share now configuration after you made changes on the router?

If my comment above somehow help you, please don't forget to rate post.

Cheers,

Milos

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card