cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Serial Interface Problem

EPHRAIM MANI
Level 3
Level 3

I have an leased line,the modem has been terminated on an serial interface say on WIC-2T through V.35 cable, when i issue and sh int it says Serial Down and Line protocol Down, the DCD-Up, DSR-UP, DTR-Down, RTS-Down, CTS-Up.

Can any one give me a clue to resolve.

EM

4 Replies 4

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

As both serial and line protocol are down. It is more of physical layer problem. Check your cable between the router and modem and also check your modem.

Regards,

Ankur

saimbt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Try issuing a "sh controllers" command for the particular serial port, and see it the cable type and clock is detected. if not the problem could be wither with the cable or the card port itself.

-Sai.

5mlarsson
Level 1
Level 1

"DCD-Up, DSR-UP, DTR-Down, RTS-Down, CTS-Up"

To me these signals indicate:

Modems is ready to accept data, but router is not saying it wants to send any, because it is keeping the "Data Terminal Ready" and "Request to Send" down.

Have you checked so the interface is not in Shutdown state, "adminastratively down"? Try to make a shutdown followed by a "no shutdown" to restart the interface.

Thanks for your informations, here my proroblem has been resolved the as sked by tac eng to re-seat the Network module and then its start working perfectly ok its just four information.

EM

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card