Views
Helpful
Replies

Servers need to be assigned with IPv6 addresses

vipinrajrc
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Experts,

I need to give our servers with IPV6 IP address. curretly all the servers are NATed with public IPs.

We want to these public IPs to IPv6 addresses.. any idea?

we are having a setup as.. switches--Firewall--Router--ISP

Kindly suggest u r valid opinions.

Thanks and Regards,
Vipin       

Thanks and Regards, Vipin
5 Replies 5

gamalielcruz
Level 1
Level 1

Am I getting it right that you want to translate your IPv6 addresses to IPv4?

If yes, then you may want to take a look at the following link for IPv6 to IPv4 NAT.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/ipv6/configuration/guide/ip6-nat_trnsln_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Thanks!

Hi,

Curretly we are having aroung 50servers which are publically available.. some of thema re webservers.. some sites are published in that servers also. Now these servers are having IPv4 addresses.

we want to change IPv4 to IPv6...

How we can acheive this???

Thanks and Regards,
Vipin

Hi,

I believe you have to obtain the public IPv6 addresses from your ISP.

Thanks!

PS.

Noticed your greeting in the original post. Just want to say that I'm no expert. Here to help and learn, as well.

Hi,

Thats ok.. other than that, is it possible??

what are the challenges we ill face... any idea?

Thanks and Regards,
Vipin

Ask you ISP if they already provide IPv6 addresses to their customers. Take note that some networks MAY still not support IPv6, so you must dual-stack it with IPv4 in order to be backwards compatible.

Other that that, the only other challenge I can think of is how to memorize those long IPv6 addresses.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card