cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP Unsupported mode in Cisco Catalyst 3750-X?

buu
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to uplink an HP Blade Chassis to a Cisco 3750-X with SFP+ for 10Gig on each end.

I would like to use Direct Attached SFP+ cables if possible.

I already know that the HP Virtual Connect module will not accept a Cisco Direct Attached cable at the current firmware.

Cisco Nexus 5000 has a feature allowing connectivity with the HP Direct Attached cable using "unsupported" mode.

Does anyone know if the 3750-X has this feature as well?

Thanks in advance.

9 Replies 9

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

My 3750 doesn't support unsupported modules. It could be the IOS version that I have. If yours DOES support it, you'd have:

service unsupported-transceiver

You can also put:

no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid

If it works, Cisco won't support it (obviously).

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

I would also like to mention that on the 3750x (and probably any that support this) that you need to either re-insert the modules or reload the switch for them to appear useable.

I know that not all transceivers will be supported with this, but anyone know if this should work with Finisar FCLF-8521-3 Active Copper SFP (Gigabit Ethernet) modules?   Most every other brand of switches supports these.

brijesh.saini05
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have the same issue, as due to budget issue we bought non cisco SFP modules ( GLC-EX-SMD) and GLC-FE-100LX-RGD) for our switces 2520CGS-116-8PC. Now even after running service unsupported-transceiver and errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid. I am getting still same issue

%PHY-4-SFP_NOT_SUPPORTED: The SFP in Fa0/2 is not supported.

Please help

GLC-EX-SMD is not supported with 2520CGS-116-8PC.

For GLC-FE-100LX-RGD, what IOS is your CGS running?  It should be at least 12.2(53)EX (and later).

Hi Leo,

Please note model Cisco 2520-116-8PC is typo mistake plese read it Cisco 2520-16-8PC.

My IOS version is 12.2(58)EY2.

Thanks & Regards
Brijesh Saini

And you are getting error messages, about "SFP_NOT_SUPPORTED", when you use GLC-FE-100LX-RGD?

Yes, i am getting this issue, even after using the given commands.

Contact Cisco TAC.

I'm out of ideas.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: