Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow upload speed on GRE 6500

dnsroot13
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

there is a GRE tunnel configured and 6500 is configured with PBR to route the subnet for GRE.

total download and  upload speed is 100 mbps however with GRE getting 100 Mbps download but only 30 mbps upload speed.

same traffic without gre is getting both 100/100 speed.

the link is WiMAX link terminated on ASA and gre is configurd on 6500 with PBR.

kindly let me know if anybody face this kind of behavior  issues.MTU size I am planning to put for GRE to 1476 and test it from user PC

shall TCP-MSS should be considered as well .attached is the config

20 Replies 20

All I can say is I think it should be working, and that there is a definite issue with the PBR performance.  My personal guess is a software defect.

Do yo think something to do more with MTU/MSS?

could not find any thing in release also

No, we already tested that.

You said when you added a static route to a site via the tunnel and tested it the performance was fine.  So that eliminates everything except the PBR.

Hi Philip.

Just to update you ,its was an IOS issue only .with SXJ10 its working fine ..many thanks for your inputs.

still no documentation says this defects which is strange

Yay, it's working.  Nothing else seemed to be wrong, so I started looking at the more improbable options.

I wonder if the packets are being punted [incorrectly] to the CPU.  When you run the speedtest does the CPU show as being under much heavier load?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card