Views
Helpful
Replies

Some BGP routes getting frequent updates from ISP

mahesh18
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Everyone,

We are learning whole Internet Routing table from our ISP.

When I do sh ip route i see some routes with time period of 2 hours 9 hours etc.

some routes have timeperiod of 1 week or 1 year.

all these are from same ISP.

Does this mean that our link to ISP flapped?

why for some internet routes we see recent updates like 1 day or 2 day?

Regards

MAhesh

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

It just means the routes have flapped in the given timestamp. The link to those networks has flapped. It has nothing  to do with your link which is working fine.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

View solution in original post

Alan Ng'ethe
Level 3
Level 3

You already know this, but just putting it out here; the 'show ip bgp summary' command would be a quick way to determine whether the ISP peer(s) have recently flapped. Otherwise the answer by the johnd seems correct.

Remember to rate helpful posts and/or mark as a solution if your issue is resolved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

It just means the routes have flapped in the given timestamp. The link to those networks has flapped. It has nothing  to do with your link which is working fine.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Many thanks for replying to my question.

Alan Ng'ethe
Level 3
Level 3

You already know this, but just putting it out here; the 'show ip bgp summary' command would be a quick way to determine whether the ISP peer(s) have recently flapped. Otherwise the answer by the johnd seems correct.

Remember to rate helpful posts and/or mark as a solution if your issue is resolved.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card