Helpful
Replies

Sonicwall 3500 and Cisco router 2008

Garbosh
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Greeting and Respect

i have an internet connection from ISP come across Cisco router 2008, and from the router fa0/1  cable go to WAN port in sonicwall 3500,

the sonicwall is the default-gateway for my network , and also there is VPN connection between this sonicwall and others in different branches of the company.All NAT and other configuration is  inside the sonicwall also,my question is my company want to change the ISP provider and want to use the Router instead of sonicwall, to connect other branches and to implement MPLS, how can i remove the sonicwall from the equation, and make the router as default-gateway for the lan network and for the internet

note:

there are no configuration don in the router beside that configuration Coming  from the ISP, and even the router is not having a valid LAN  IP address

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

blau grana
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Gareeb,

Configure router port with IP which is currently on Sonicwall as default-gateway for your LAN. Remove Sonicwall and all your LAN should be able to reach your router.

Then you have to configure router to become CE an peer with ISP PE router. You should decide which PE-CE routing protocol to use (BGP,OSPF..... or static routes).

It should work right away if you do not have any additional requirements.

Best Regards

Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

Best Regards Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

blau grana
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Gareeb,

Configure router port with IP which is currently on Sonicwall as default-gateway for your LAN. Remove Sonicwall and all your LAN should be able to reach your router.

Then you have to configure router to become CE an peer with ISP PE router. You should decide which PE-CE routing protocol to use (BGP,OSPF..... or static routes).

It should work right away if you do not have any additional requirements.

Best Regards

Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

Best Regards Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

dear blau grana

thank you

this  is what we agreed also with the ISP to config the router as CE and to remove VPN connection between the sonicwalls

SOcchiogrosso
Level 4
Level 4

Without seeing configs it would be impossible to for anyone to tell you how to do this properly.

However you can run VRF for your mpls connection and another LAN connection and change the default for the LAN to the LAN interface of the Cisco router within the VRF with ospf with the sonicwall to reach the networks behind the VPN if the VPN network is all sonicwall and you exchange routing updates over the VPN.

However

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

-- CCNP, CCIP, CCDP, CCNA: Security/Wireless Blog: http://ccie-or-null.net/

Dear  SOcchiogrosso

as the ISP person said i should run VRF for the mpls and remove VPN connection in the sonicwall

i can keep the sonicwall for filtering the internet and for some firewall features

thank you for your replay

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card