cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Specefic toplogy difficulties

jlassitaha
Level 1
Level 1

i am working on a project but i couldn't find a topology that answers these specifications

the specifications are
- six distinct physical sites must be implemented
- each site contains at least 1 core router + 1 provider edge + 2 customer edges

- backbone technology

-customer routing tables should be seperated

i need an answer as fast as possible and thank you

6 Replies 6

Hello,

it all depends on what you need to be connected to what. Do all sites have to be able to talk to each other ?

Better if you draw out a schematic setup of what you want to accomplish...

yes all sites need to be connected to each other 
i have tried a draft but i only succeded to have 4 sites i ll put the draft down below but i don't know it is correct 

Hi

The best solution is build a MPLS between them using different VRF. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

i don't get you can you please mention correction on the dreaft and thank you i am still new in network topologies

Hi

Sure, there are many ways, below few ones:

Creating an MPLS network between the Core devices in order to exchange information but using different VRF for each client, the VRF will separte the traffic between clients. 

Other option could be EoMPLS o L2TPv3 (no mpls required) in order use Layer 2 interfaces to pass the client's VLAN associated to specific VRF through the sites. 

If you are not going to pass any client information between the sites and all the internal services (like DHCP, DNS, Active Directory) will be reached locally you can discard the previous options and keep the clients over VRFs on each site to separate them, and use normal link between the sites for the global table. 

The key here to separate clients routing tables is using different VRFs for each client. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/vrf/design/guide/vrfDesignGuide.html

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hello,

I would first of all get with an ISP and check what services and technologies they offer. DMVPN or private leased lines would be an option. What country are you in ?

Also, you need to decide which equipment to use (it needs obviously to support the technologies offered by your ISP).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: