Views
Helpful
Replies

SSID connected but there is no traffic.

Antony.xavier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I have two SSID (Guest and Phone) created in Cisco WLC9800, Cisco AP's are associated with WLC as expected. When users connected to Guest SSID it works fine but connected to Phone it shows connected but we cannot access Internet. Could you please guide me the troubleshooting steps or What are the basic checks we need to perform in this case.

Checked on AP broadcasting both the SSID's Guest (VLAN 98) and Phone (VLAN 99)

AP01#show dot11 VLAN-name
Configured VLAN name ID
002 99
003 98

Switch interface configuration:

========================

SW01#show run inter Gig 1/0/13
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 240 bytes
!
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/13
description CONNECTED TO LWAP AP01
switchport trunk native VLAN 2
switchport trunk allowed VLAN 98,99
switchport mode trunk
spanning-tree PORTFAST trunk
spanning-tree BPDUGUARD enable
end

Cisco ASA firewall:

===============

Static default route pointing towards ISP IP.

S* 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 [1/0] via 1.1.1.1, outside

Please let me know if more details required.

Regards,

Antony Xavier

6 Replies 6

Hello,

this is difficult to troubleshoot, as anything from the WLC9800 settings to the AP configuration to the ASA could be the problem. What is the difference between Vlan 98 and Vlan 99 when it comes to the settings ? Does the ASA function as the layer 3 device for routing and NATing these Vlans ?

To start out with, post the running config of the ASA...

Yes, Firewall function as Layer 3 devices. Could you please share me the CLI or GUI how to check list of SSID does AP broadcast. I am using CAWAP AIR-CAP3502I-A-K9.

Hello,

I think the 3502i has a GUI, check what SSIDs are being broadcast in there. Also, post the running configuration of the ASA.

Hello

Can the PHONE ssid clients ping the internet?, if so check dns server allocation =  ipconfig /all
IF they cannot reach the internet check your FW policys , NAT, Access-list perttaing to the PHONE ssid vlan

From a windows pc there is usefull netsh script for the wifi client you can run.

start/run cmd
netsh wlan show wirelesscapabilities
netsh wlan show wlanreport

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Issue got resolved after updating NAT rule in Firewall. 

Thanks for everyone for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Antony Xavier

Hello,

a NAT rule on the ASA ? Glad you got it resolved...!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card