cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Stopping Notifications from popping up during SSH or console access

Drthrax
Level 1
Level 1

I was just wondering how can I stop notificational messages from showing while working CLI on either using VTY lines or Console line 

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Perhaps I am not clear on what type of notifications the original poster is talking about. But I would think that when on the vty connection using terminal no monitor should stop notification messages. And on the console using no logging console should stop the messages. If that does not solve the issue then please provide clarification about what these notifications are.

HTH

Rick

I mean when an interface goes down for example you view a notification either in console or vty .
I want to stop that from showing . Is what you provided what i need ?

Hello,

actually, if you just want to get rid of these particular interface messages, you could use the interface command:

no logging event link-status

If the interface up/down notifications are the only notifications that the original poster is concerned with then the suggestion from @Georg Pauwen is a good solution. If they are just examples of the kind of notifications but other notification messages should also not show up then I believe that my suggestions about stopping syslog messages for the vty/console session would be the better solution.

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card