Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch 3560 IOS features doubt

Hello engineers!

I have an inter-vlan routing problem with my 3560 switch CORE and I have checked that the trunk ports and the VLAN interfaces are correctly configured.

My switch is running the next IOS:

c3560e-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE5

I want to know if this IOS has Layer 3 features, so it can perform inter-vlan routing.

Thank you for your help.

Regards!

15 Replies 15

Rajeev Sharma
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey,

Well this box has L3 features, may you please check what license you are running on the box and also try configuring 'ip routing' on it.

HTH.

Regards,

RS.

Hello rajeevsh.

I am running the next license:

License Level: lanbase
License Type: Permanent
Next reload license Level: lanbase

Thank you for your support!

Regards!

Iván

Hey Ivan,

Sure it does support routing. May you add a detailed problem description.

Regards,
RS.

Hello rajeevsh

The issue is that we do not have communication between 2 vlan (voice & data vlan).

Right now I do not have access to the switch, but at some time, we entered the 'show ip route' command and it did not get recognized by the switch.

I will enter the 'ip routing' command when I get access to the switch. I will inform you.

If this command does not get recognized, is it possible that a bug is affecting?

Thank you again,

Regards!

Iván

Hey Ivan,

I really doubt if its a bug, looks like you need to configure 'ip routing' on the box and then you should be good.

HTH.

Regards,

RS.

According to the release notes for this platform:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/15-2_2_e/release/notes/OL32530.html#pgfId-1081566

Support for 16 static routes on SVIs on the LAN Base feature set

12.2(58)SE1

3750-X, 3560-X

You may be able to get some very basic static and connected routing (sounds like sufficient for what you need), without changing the license or purchasing an upgraded license.  Just upgrade to say, 15.0(2)SE5.

Let us know how you go.

Hello

In a few minutes I will do the upgrade to the next version:

c3560e-ipbasek9-mz.150-2.SE6

I'll tell you the results.

Regards!

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Hmm, I thought LANBASE license mainly supports only L2 features.

Hey Ivan,

Sorry for the delays, looks like with LANBASE license we cant perform ip routing:

http://www.cisco1900router.com/cisco-3750-x-and-cisco-3560-x-switch-features-comparison-and-faqs.html

And you need ip-base or ip-services license to run ip routing. However for the mean time we may have a workaround, check the command "show license all" and check if you have any evaluation license for ip base or ip services. It will look something like this:

#sho license all
License Store: Primary License Storage
StoreIndex: 0   Feature: lanbase                           Version: 1.0
        License State: Active, In Use
        License Priority: Medium
        License Count: Non-Counted

License Store: Evaluation License Storage
StoreIndex: 0   Feature: ipservices                        Version: 1.0
        License Type: Evaluation
        License State: Active, Not in Use, EULA not accepted
            Evaluation total period: 8  weeks 4  days
            Evaluation period left: 8  weeks 4  days
        License Priority: None

If yes, then install with command with reboot:

license boot level ipservices

As the description says it is temporary license and will work for 8 weeks and 4 days. After that you may have to purchase full license from concerned department.

HTH.

Regards,

RS.

Hello Rajeevsh

You are absolutely right, the show license command output is:

#show license all

License Store: Primary License Storage

StoreIndex: 0     Feature: lanbase                           Version: 1.0

License State: Active, In Use

License Priority: Medium

License Store: Evaluation License Storage

StoreIndex: 0     Feature: ipservices                        Version: 1.0

License Type: Evaluation

License State: Active, Not in Use, EULA accepted

Evaluation total period: 8  weeks 4  days

Evaluation period left: 0  minute  0  second 

License Priority: Low

Just one last question, if I do an upgrade of the IOS, changing it to an IPBASE software, this license will become permanent? or am I absolutely forced to buy a new license?

Thank you again!

Iván

Hey Ivan,

You will not be upgrading the IOS instead changing the license to ipservices with command:

license boot level ipservices

And it will require a reload after configuration.

Now as mentioed its a temporary license so it will expire after 8 weeks and 4 days so ultimately you need to buy ipservices license from licensing team for future use.

HTH.

Regards,
RS.

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

That image do support ip routing. Just cross check if you have really enabling L3 feature with "ip routing" command.

Going forward you could use "Cisco Feature Navigator" page to confirm any feature availability on IOS. The Cisco Feature Navigator can be accessed through below url

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

Regards

Najaf

Please rate when applicable or helpful !!!

Hello kcnajaf@25070

Thanks for confirming this. So, I think this issue is caused by something else.

I have another question, if "ip routing" does not get recognized by the switch, is it possible that a bug is affecting?

I have checked my topology over and over again and I do not observe any configuration error that could cause this inter-VLAN communication error.

Regards!

Iván

Hello engineers.

I have opened a TAC SR, and the engineer told me that the LANBASE license is no layer 3 supported, so, I am very confused...

Hope you could help me to be sure if this image supports inter-vlan routing or not.

Regards!

Iván

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco