Views
Helpful
Replies

switch metro ME1200 EVC configuration problem

spapageorgiou
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a ME1200 and i'm trying to create an EVC/ECE configuration. The documentation is not clear on how to do it. Many things are missing from the documentation and the explanations are not complete.

Anyway, I have a problem A behaviour that looks like a bug:

I have an EVC configured (id:731, with VLID:731).

I have also configured an ECE (attach to EVC731) that does ingress matching for c-tagged VLAN ID range of 10-20. Customer is sending packets with Customer VID: 25. The problem is that the ECE matches packets with customer vlanid of 25 (other than 10-20).

When I select VLANIDFilter: specific and the VID of 25, it works (the traffic passes).

When I select VLANIDFilter: specific and the VID of 20, it also works (the traffic DOES NOT pass). 

Whats going on? Am i doing something wrong here?

I also don't understand how the "Egress Inner Tag" and "Egress Outer Tag" works (you can see them on the web interface).

Regrds,

Sp

1 Reply 1

spapageorgiou
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, 

After an overnight of trying to make a simple EVC work, with the ME1200, I totaly failed.

Is seems to me that the ME1200 software is completely broken, or I'm missing something very obvious. I've tried thouth the controller ME3600 and through the web interface. The same disappointing results. 

If anybody has done better with the EVCs, please let me know.

Sp

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card