Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switchs Cisco Vs HP What to buy?

Hi I have to make a purchase of switch for my organization which have a medium size like between 500 - 1000 users I have to renew my backbone platform and buy new switches for my data center.

A) For my data center I have to cover with 2 switch core over 16 ports of fiber 10GbE witch SPF+

at least 8 UTP ports of 1 Gb

at least 40 Gbps of redundance links between the two devices.

Layer 3 routing at least witch RIP V2 and V3 and OSPF.

B) 2 switch for data center with 96 GbE ports RJ45 without oversubscription.

48 ports 10GE F.O. SFP+ without oversubscription

Suport for redundance links with minimal 40Gbps betwen them and the switchs mentioned on the part A). Support for aditional upgrade of ports 48 at least of 1Gbps RJ45.

C) I need 30 switch with 48 port 10/100/1000Base-T with PoE. with at least 1 uplink port of 10GbE to connect with the switch core. Stacking speed at least 64Gbps.

For every point HP offerted a solution.

for the Item:

A) HP Offered JC613A HP 10504

B) HP Offered JC612A HP 10508

C) HP Offered HP 3800 switch series

My Question is what products of Cisco can compite in price funtion and tecnical that I can justify buy the cisco products instead the HP.

The importance of this is what we buy other many organizations will buy too.

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

zulqurnain
Level 3
Level 3

I would definitely suggest you the Nexus 5596T for option A and B whereas for C you can also use and add the Fabric Extender 2248TP

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/nexus-5596t-switch/index.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/switches/nexus-2000-series-fabric-extenders/models-comparison.html

Hope This Helps

Please rate it.

Hi David

I would suggest you contact either your local Cisco account manager or local Cisco reseller to run through the options. They have access to the resources which will most accurately and honestly allow you to apraise the value of there solutions and make the right decision.

They may also be able to help identify the most economical purchasing route. 

Good luck with it. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card