Views
Helpful
Replies

tcn between two MST regions

Antonio_1_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

if I have two different MST regions. One consists of only Cisco switches and the second region consists only of HP switches.

CiscoMST-------------dot1.qtrunk(all VLANs allowed)-----------------------HpMST

Both regions have simmilar configuratons (two MST instances MST1 and MST2 with same mapped VLANs, they only differ in names) .

MST0 has no VLANs, MST1 has VLAN 1-100 and MST2 VLAN 200-300.

What will happen:

1) if in MST 2 instance of Cisco region, i.e in VLAN 250 link goes up - down - up.

Coresponding switch will generate TCN and it will be flooded throughout whole MST 2.

Question is: will it be mapped to MST0 and send via trunk toward Hp MST region, or HpMST will not be aware of this TCN (even if VLAN 250 is allowed on interconnecting trunk)?

2) (The same question as 1 but TCN is generated in HP region)

if in MST 2 instance of Hp region, i.e in VLAN 250 link goes up - down - up.

Coresponding switch will generate TCN and it will be flooded through whole MST 2.

Question is: will it be mapped to MST0 and send via trunk toward Cisco MST region, or CiscoMST will not be aware of this TCN (even if VLAN 250 is allowed on interconnecting trunk)?

regards,

A.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card