Views
Helpful
Replies

Traffic-Limit

Alcides Miguel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks,

I'm looking for help on traffic limit (shapping) 'cause I've a Hub-and-Spoke topology where the remote site are all using 128K and I would like to avoid congestion making the egress and ingress traffic not going over the link capacity.

best regard,

Alcides

18 Replies 18

Hi Alcides,

this configuration does not have many difference from a non-configured policy. If your only class is going to be the default class, it is probably worth to cosider the following two options:

a) To avoid the rate-limit implementation leaving your router on a best effort behaviour

b) Implementing CAR or policing

c) Implementing CBWFQ with hierarchical shaping ( this would be my favourite)

It's my understanding that your environment is an Enterprise and not an SP, so just evaluate these options...

HTH

Alessio

Hi Alessio,

can you give me a config example?

thanks,

Alcides

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

If you have 22 * 128 Kbps, then yes your hub physical bandwidth can exceed 1 Mbps.  Did you have a requirement to restrict the hub's physical bandwidth consumption too?

No, at hub site there's no requirement to restrict traffic

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card