cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

traffic redirect from out (internet) to in (LAN) - port redirection

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

friends i am looking for some help on port redirection where a traffic coming on port 80 from internet on one static ip should get redirected to another IP on another port .. on cisco router

public IP 1.1.1.1:80 to go to 10.10.10.10:443

Please advise

3 Replies 3

hkkalra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Please find the sample config below:

int gig0/0

description LAN interface------>Interface where 10.10.10.10 is connected as per your example

ip address X.X.X.X  

ip nat inside    ---------------------> Defines NAT inside 

int gig0/1

description WAN interface-----> Interface connected to Internet

ip address Y.Y.Y.Y 

ip nat outside  ----------------------> Defines NAT outside 

Above NAT inside and outside configuration would be under the interface config mode. Then you need to configured Static Port redirection in global configuration mode

ip nat inside source static tcp 10.10.10.10 443 1.1.1.1 80

This should work and i would recommend going the NAT configuration guide to understand how exactly NAT works. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/network-address-translation-nat/13772-12.html

Regards,

HK

do i have to open 80 on my router as on router on 443 is open. and above is not working .. thansk for time. please advise

one more thing to add.. the trafic will be initiated from outside.. moto is to make life easy for end users when they will type http://abc.xyz.com it should go to 443

Hi 

As the traffic initiated from outside will be coming in on port 80 and will be redirected to port 443 on the inside IP. 

Incoming traffic should be allowed on port 80 and similarly port 443 should be allowed in the inside Network. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card