Views
Helpful
Replies

Transparent Bridging on ISR 4320 IOS 17.2

pozzialex
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings to the community!

Has anyone had experience on the above? All I find online are mostly SP documents which do not work well in my scenario. So a quick run through:

- 4321 connected to BT services using NIM-VAB 

- Nat and ACL currently configured with static routing pointing to the dialer interface configured

This works well, however I need to add an MX65 which will remove the need for any Nat or firewalling on the ISR, therefore I was thinking of adding the logical ethernet interface and physical gigabit ethernet interface to the same bridge and once the MX is connected to the gigabit ethernet interface its own PPPoE settings will connect directly to the bt services.

I have been playing with the old bridge modes with no success and now I am attempting with virtual-templates and binding the virtual-access interfaces to those templates. tried both with encapsulation ppp and dot1q 101 as I understand bt requires 101 tag to connect but both no success.

example test includes the following commands:

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1
no ip address
negotiation auto
service-policy output WEBUI-QUEUING-OUT
service instance 1 ethernet
encapsulation dot1q 101
bridge-domain 1

nterface Ethernet0/1/0
no ip address
no negotiation auto
service instance 1 ethernet
encapsulation dot1q 101
bridge-domain 1

interface Virtual-Template1
ip unnumbered Ethernet0/1/0

any redirects would be greatly appreciated as this is not my area of expertise !!

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @pozzialex ,

see the following thread

https://community.cisco.com/t5/routing/bridging-on-ios-xe-isr-1100-series/m-p/3988120

specially Georg's post and the last post that provide an example of a working configuration.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thank you Giuseppe! or should I say Grazie!

I actually found on my MX that if I add Vlan tagging on the WAN port it immediatelly starts ppp negotiation and gets successful IP address from the ISP so the config attached also works in case anyone gets stuck as well :)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card