cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trouble installing T1 module

tcboydston
Level 1
Level 1

I just recieved a 2650XM router version 12.3(13). And I am trying to install a WIC-1DSU-T1-V2 and I

get this error.

"Bad Hardware in bay/slot/sub_slot = 0/0/-1

Unknown WIC in slot(0/0), wic card has an unknown id of 0x0"

I thought that this DSU wic was compatible with the 2650 series router.

Could you let me know if I need an interface card?

Thanks

Tom

4 Replies 4

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Tom,

Cisco docs show that this wic is supported, Is the feature set IP or IP Plus.? Try reseating the wic and see if that helps..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Tried reseating the WIC with the same response. I am not sure if the feature set is IP or Ip Plus.Since the WIC is V-2 makes a diffence. I will try it in another router in the morning and try an older version WIC in this new router.

Thanks for the response.

don.fortes
Level 1
Level 1

Try a different slot and see what happens.

GW6
Level 1
Level 1

I've experienced the same issue in both a 2621 and a variety of the new 2800 routers. I purchased a batch of cards that were way too cheap. A couple of them work and most don't. Some of them work if I have no other WIC's in the router. As soon as I add a second card then they both stop working. It seems like and address conflict or something.

I'm trying to get more information but I wouldn't be surprised if they are couterfeit cards. Especially since the retailer (LA Computer Center) is being extremely hard to deal with. I purchase another batch from a partner and have not had any problems with them in the 2800 line.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card